Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Very Nana Christmas

Christmas celebrations for Clay and I always start at Nana's House.  It is hard to put into words the amount of fun and craziness that goes on in that little garage in Pinson, Alabama.  For the few hours we are all together, there are countless stories, laughter, and tears shared among family.  Things usually get started with the Christmas Pageant.  This year, Hank and George split the roles of the Angel of the Lord, and Baby Jesus. Chase was the Little Drummer Boy, who wore a coonskin cap, of course.


 Nana as Mrs. Claus.

 George as the Angel of the Lord, Hank as Jesus, just before Chase's big entrance.

Goodness gracious.  I just don't think it gets much cuter.

After the pageant is over, we form a circle and there is usually lots of sharing.  This year we all shared the blessings in our life.  How seldom do we share the things for which we are truly thankful, and feel the Lord's blessings in our life?  It was neat to hear everyone's testament of how the Lord is working in their life and in the lives of their families.  

After a time of sharing (and after much coercion), the aunts sang Sleigh Bells.  I'm not sure how long this has been going on, but I absolutely love it.  I mean, whose family has choreographed songs and dances? If this video doesn't put you in the Christmas Spirit...I'm not sure what will.

**Disclaimer: I cannot figure out how to embed videos onto my blog.  While I have been complaining about my frustrations about not being able to link a video, Clay has been working diligently on our nephew's Christmas present.  This has involved the assembling of 12,560 pieces to make one Christmas wish come true.  Maybe I need to keep things in perspective, right?


There is lots of time for visiting, passing around babies, and eating.  And that is just what everyone did.




No comments:

Post a Comment